Thursday, April 24, 2008

The second thing I learnt


Culture of peace is also giving place to other's thinking and opinion. As a matter of fact only from a different opinion we can recognize the mistakes of our thinking.
On Los Angeles Times, March 9th, 2008, I found this very interesting article.
All wars have to be sold, but World War II, within the memory of the pointless carnage that then became known as World War I, was a particularly hard sell. Roosevelt and Churchill did it well, and their lies have been with us ever since.

Nicholson Baker's "Human Smoke" is a meticulously researched and well-constructed book demonstrating that World War II was one of the biggest, most carefully plotted lies in modern history. According to the myth, British and American statesmen naively thought they could reason with such brutal fascists as Germany's Hitler and Japan's Tojo. Faced with this weakness, Hitler and Tojo tried to take over the world, and the United States and Britain were forced to use military might to stop them...
Read the whole article on Los Angeles Times.

1 comment:

Kay said...

The more I learn about the policies and tactics or war-mongers the more angry I become. I find myself on my "soap box" more and more.

Yesterday I took a group of students to weed a monument to the dead. They were expecting to go to a museum to learn about history.

We repeat history too often.