Thursday, March 6, 2008

Let's play peace games


Watch the video

When I was a child I liked to play war games. It was fun.

When I became an adult I understood, completely independently and without any help from society, that war is not a game and it's not fun.

The culture of peace starts by saying that war is not a game.
Let children seek their own hierarchies without toy guns and swords, without carnage on videogames. Let them not kill for fun.
There is no fun in war. Harm is done and harm is received.

I found on Voltaire Network an interview with Jimmy Massey, a former soldier returning from war. It is a long article but I invite everyone to read it carefully. It doesn’t matter what army Jimmy was in, and which war he went to. All soldiers, he says, are at war because war is not a game. Harm is done and harm is received.

"I had been trained to run blindly on the orders of President (...) and bring to the country what he had requested without any moral consideration. I was a psychopath because I learned to shoot first and then ask, as a patient and not as a professional soldier who faces just another soldier. If necessary we were to kill women and children, and we did. "
In a French magazine I read this sentence: If the answer is war, the question must be wrong!


Bruno Picozzi (in translation)

No comments: