Saturday, March 15, 2008

Know before you speak


Someone wrote to me asking what I think of operations of peace/war (de según como se mire todo depende, song the Jarabe De Palo) in Iraq and Afghanistan.

First of all I believe that Afghanistan and Iraq are two places in the same adventure, with the necessary differences.
That said, I think that the best answer is this article in Voltaire Net written by Michael Schwartz, Professor at Stony Brook University of the state of New York, which presents the famous research of the prestigious American medical journal "The Lancet" on the number of casualties in Iraq and talks about what we call "rules of engagement" of the American soldiers in Iraq.

Just read it: http://www.voltairenet.org/article149840.html

In this regard someone pointed out to me a few days ago this film on youtube: An American scandal (in Italian).

Furthermore on the blog Alessio in Asia I read the following comment:

"I feel that if we withdraw from IRAQ, there might be terror."
Wow… if there might be terror… I wonder… what's going on since "we" invaded Iraq ?
Bruno Picozzi (in translation)

1 comment:

Kay said...

This post reminds me how a picture is worth a thousand words.

How powerful is that image, how telling is that tear.

So pointless, human suffering.